Here’s a round up of the best collector car events in the UK to get along to this summer, from hillclimbs, to concours and historic racing action. We can’t promise the weather will be good, but the events certainly will.
Shelsley Walsh – Classic Nostalgia
- When: 22 and 23 July
- Where: Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb, Worcester, WR6 6RP
- Cost: Tickets are £25 on the day, £20 in advance or £35 for the weekend, with under-16s free.
- Website: shelsleywalsh.com
- When: 28 to 30 July
- Where: Silverstone Circuit, Towcester, NN12 8TN
- Cost: Tickets cost £43 for the Friday qualifying, £66 for Saturday, £55 for Sunday, £102 for the Saturday and Sunday, or £118 for the whole weekend. Kids tickets for the whole weekend are £12, or £6 per day, and ages five and under are free. Camping is also available.
- Website: silverstoneclassic.com
- When: 28 to 30 July (North) and 25 to 27 August (South)
- Where: Bolesworth Castle, Tattenhall, Chester, CH3 9HQ (North) and Laverstoke Park Farm, Overton, Basingstoke, RG25 3DR (South)
- Cost: An adult weekend camping ticket is £163 or without camping it is £133, kids over six are £46 and £36, respectively, and family tickets are available. A day ticket is £67 on Friday and £72 on Saturday and Sunday, or £15 for kids over six. Under sixes are free.
- Website: carfest.org
- When: August 5 and 6
- Where: Croft Circuit, West Lane, Dalton On Tees, DL2 2PL
- Cost: Advance tickets are currently £11 for Saturday and £16 for Sunday, or £24 for the weekend. Children aged 15 and under are free, with a paying adult.
- Website: croftcircuit.co.uk
- When: 31 August to 2 September
- Where: Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, OX20 1PP
- Cost: As you might expect, a day at Salon Privé doesn’t come cheap. Tickets for Thursday and Friday are £295 and Saturday is £150.
- Website: salonpriveconcours.com
Concours of Elegance
- When: 1 September to 3 September
- Where: Hampton Court Palace, Molesey, East Molesey, KT8 9AU
- Cost: Tickets for Saturday and Sunday are £40 all-day and £25 after 1pm for adults, £25 for over-60s and £17.50 for children and students.
- Website: concoursofelegance.co.uk
- When: 8 to 10 September
- Where: Goodwood Estate, West Sussex, PO18 0PH
- Cost: Some tickets are still available for the Goodwood Revival. Weekend tickets are sold out, but Friday (practice day) admission tickets cost £53, or £102 for roving grandstand tickets. Saturday tickets are sold out, but Sunday tickets for admission are £76 or £150 for admission and roving grandstand. Children under 12 are free on Sunday, or young person’s tickets are £38 for up to 21-year-olds. If you have entry tickets you can buy grandstand tickets separately.
- Website: goodwood.com
Kop Hill Climb
- When: 16 and 17 September
- Where: Kop Hill Road, Princes Risborough, HP27 0LB
- Cost: Tickets cost £10 in advance or £15 on the day for adults or £5 for under 16s. Money raised goes to the Heart of Bucks charity, which has as one of its patrons legendary rally driver Paddy Hopkirk.
- Website: kophillclimb.org.uk
Prescott Autumn Classic Weekend
- When: 30 September and 1 October
- Where: Prescott Hill, Gotherington, Cheltenham, GL52 9RD
- Cost: Advance tickets cost £15 each day or £25 for the weekend, prices on the gate are £20 and £35, respectively, and kids aged 14 and under are free with an adult.
- Website: prescott-hillclimb.com
Sunday Scramble, Bicester Heritage
- When: 1 October
- Where: Buckingham Road, A4421, Launton, Bicester, OX26 5HA
- Cost: If you’ve got a pre-1990 classic car, advance discount tickets are £4 each (If you have a special car made later than 1990 that merits attending, contact Bicester Heritage). Adult advance tickets are £6. Tickets on the gate are £8 per person with children under 16 free with an adult ticketholder.
- Website: bicesterheritage.co.uk
Looking for a Collector Car?
Don’t own a collector car but want to enter one into an event or just turn up in one? Browse 386,787 collector car sales to help find your perfect car.